“Personal information” means “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to (1) information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, etc., contained in the information, as well as (2) information that can identify the specific individual from the information itself such as appearance, fingerprint, voiceprint data, and health insurance policy holder number on the health insurance card (personal identification information) .
How we collect personal information
We may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number when a user makes registration for booking. The user’s information regarding transaction record or payment information which includes personal information may also be collected from our partner companies (including, but not limited to, information providers, advertisers or advertisement distributors).
Purpose of collecting personal information
The purposes that we collect and use personal information are as follows:
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including to confirm the identity of the user)
- To send the information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the services under usage as well as information on other services provided by us.
- To make contact as necessary for maintenance and important notices.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registered information, or view the status of their use of the site.
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Change in the purpose of use
- We shall change the purpose of use of personal information only if the changed purpose is reasonably deemed related to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of the change in the purpose of use, we shall notify such change to the users or announce on this website in accordance with our prescribed procedure.
Prohibition of disclosure of personal information to third parties
- We will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user unless such disclosure is otherwise permitted under Personal Information Protection Law or any other laws or regulations, provided that the following cases are excluded:
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant user.
- When it is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant user.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national or local authority to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- Should the following items are notified or announced in advance, and the notification to the Personal Information Protection Committee is completed
1.The purpose of use includes provision to a third party.
2.Data items provided to third parties
3.Means or method of provision to third parties
4. Withhold the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the relevant user
5. How to receive the request in the preceding sub-clause 4
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, following cases do not constitute provision of the information to the third parties
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other event.
- In cases where personal information is used jointly with a specific third party, and where such fact, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by such third party, and the name of the person responsible for managing the personal information are notified to the relevant user in advance or are made readily available to such user.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from the user, we will disclose the information to such user without delay. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information if disclosure would fall under any of the following cases, and if we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify as such to the relevant user without delay.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the relevant user or any third party
- If there is a risk of significant difficulty in the proper conduct of our business
- If such disclosure will result in violation of applicable laws or regulations
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in principle, we shall not disclose any information other than personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Correction and deletion of personal information
- If the user’s personal information held by us is incorrect, such user may request to correct, add, or delete (“Correction, etc.”) his/her personal information in accordance with the procedures specified by us
- If we receive a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and deem it necessary to respond to the request, we will correct the relevant personal information without delay.
- When we make a correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to make a correction, etc., we will notify the user as such without delay.
Suspension of use of personal information
If a request is made to suspend the use of personal information or to erase such information on the grounds that the information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information or to erase such information without delay.
- In the event of suspension of the use of the personal information or erasing of the personal information pursuant to the preceding paragraph, or the decision is made not to suspend or erase the relevant personal information, we will notify as such to the relevant user without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where it is difficult to take suspension measures for reasons such as large amount of cost and there is an alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user, such alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by laws, regulations or otherwise set out in this policy.
When you leave a comment on the site, you can opt-in to have your name, email address, and site stored in a cookie. This is for your convenience and saves you from having to re-enter your details when leaving other comments. This cookie is retained for one year.
When you visit the login page, a temporary cookie is set to determine if your browser can accept cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal data and is destroyed when you close your browser.
When you log in, we also set some cookies to retain your login and display information. The login cookie is retained for two days and the screen display options cookie is retained for one year. If you select “Keep me logged in,” your login information is retained for two weeks. If you log out, the login cookie will be deleted.
If you edit or publish a post, a further cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data, it simply shows the ID of the modified post and expires after one day.
Please contact below on any questions regarding this policy
Kominka Inn THYME
to top page